We welcome submissions - please note the submission criteria:
Previously screened and shown work is fine.
Not essential but, where possible we would prefer English subtitles if your poetry film is in another language.
There is no maximum length, but 5 minutes is probably long enough and considerably less can work very well!
To submit you need to send us the following:
- up to 4 .jpg stills/screen shots from your film
- A link to your film/video hosted on Vimeo or YouTube.
- In a SINGLE Word attachment:
- The text of the poem is very desirable, but if you are not the author please make sure you have permission from the poet to send it to Poetry Film Live and for Poetry Film Live to publish it online.
- Filmmaker/Poet bios – 30-50 words each.
- Process notes – we would like to know why and how you approached making the film/video.
By submitting to and having work published by Poetry Film Live, you understand and agree to the following:
- All rights remain the property of the author.
- The author asserts, under his/her own liability, the complete right of use on used materials (images, words, sounds, music) that compose the artwork; the author undertakes complete liability for any breach of copyright laws.
- Work published will be archived on the site;
- Poetry Film Live does not pay contributors.
- Submitted films may also be shown at Poetry Film Live events. Please let us know if you do not wish your film to be shown in this way.
Please submit using the form below.