MAKE A POETRY FILM COURSE
Online via Zoom over 2 Saturday mornings 10am to 1pm (GMT)
Tutor: Helen Dewbery
REMAINING 2024 Dates:
APRIL – over 2 half-days, Saturday 20th and 27th 10am – 1pm
Book at: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/making-a-poetry-film-tickets-835756749937
OCTOBER over 2 half-days, Saturday 5th and 12th 10am – 1pm
Book at: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/making-a-poetry-film-october-tickets-838559874157
Who is the workshop for?: The workshop is for anyone who is interested in poetry film or who is wanting to take their first steps towards it.
What will the workshop cover? On this two half-day workshop we will:
- Be inspired by looking at some of the many different styles, genres, and types of poetry film.
- Identify similarities between film and poetry and what putting these together can offer.
- Discuss in detail how to make a poetry film and then have a chance to make your own.
- There will be lots of practical hints and tips as well as detailed handouts.
- Opportunities for workshopping your poetry film.
Any Special Equipment and Software needed: No specialist equipment is necessary. We’ll mainly be focused on using a phone for recording video and sound, and a laptop or desktop for editing (but editing can also be done on a phone).
There are many editing programmes that are free or reasonably low cost, and we’ll discuss some of the pros and cons and how to find the right one.
Following the Make a Poetry Film Course a small tutorial group will meets for six months for anyone who wants to continue to develop their poetry films in a supportive environment.